Sunday, March 3, 2013

I Didn't Realize I Was Addicted to a Blog....But Then I Remembered This!!

So, this past week we dug our hands into the world of different social media outlets (and it came out like this, even the boys, ha ha!)


(Just thought that the picture was cool, and oddly relevant in an irrelevant kind of way!)

Ok. Something you should know about me........... I like my Wine


 I like My Chocolate...........


and I like extremely trashy celebrity gossip in the form of Evil Beet Gossip Blog!


(I give myself bonus points if I do all three at once!)

I didn't even realize that I had been a fan of a blog for such a long time until we discussed some of the rules that make a blog a blog. 

This site features:
  1. A team of bloggers relaying celebrity gossip and giving their thoughts and opinions in a comical and enjoyable tone.
  2. It showcases information that is important to the blogger and would be important to the reader.
  3. The blog invites viewers to read and relate and find interest in the material presented.
  4. This website has developed a searchable log of material to help direct readers. You can search old blogs by date, topic, order posted and by celebrity.
  5. Posts are made regularly and frequently.
  6. The information provided is a lengthier form than you would find on Facebook or twitter.

It is a great site! I believe the posts are done by multiple people now since the site is so big, but when it started it was just one woman (likely with her wine and chocolate) who had an affinity for the "mis-goings-on in the celebrity world! (Clearly a woman after my own heart!)

The authors are fearless and they don't hesitate to voice their opinion, call a celebrity out on doing something stupid or even yell at a celebrity. On this blog to topic goes unturned, and I enjoy every minute! Did you know that Justin Beiber's mom hates his tattoos? Did you know that Pete Wentz is annoyed with Ashley Simpson's drinking and lesbian flings? Cause I do!  Please! Go and explore all the trashy unnecessary gossip evil beet has to offer! And don't forget to enjoy yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that I have enjoyed a the blog on Black Enterprise for a very long time and never thought about the fact that I was engaging in "blogging". Like Evil Beet Gossip Blog, The BE blogs have multiple contributors now although it did not begin this way. Often there are even celebrity or guest bloggers who provide posts to the blogs. I'm not a big fan of celebrity gossip but I must admit that when it comes from another celeb it takes on a whole new sense of credibility (of sorts) and I can't help but take a look at it.

    The engaging widgets of the BE blog keeps me clicking through it for hours and by the time I think of it I have read everything, including the celebrity gossip. I guess that's the sign of a good blog. My favorit widget is the ongoing video show in the sidebar. It seems that just when I think I'm about to leave the blog, something interesting pops up on the video and I stay a little longer.

    Thanks for the tip. I'll check out Evil Beet Gossip Blog the next time I get a urge to indulge myself and I may even grab a wine glass (filled with milk) and some chocolate...chip cookies. I'm a fan of blogs... who knew?

    ReplyDelete