Friday, February 8, 2013

Seriously America, Wake-up! Vampires are REAL and REAL Dangerous!!!




Well, it’s Friday and I was cleaning my room trying to avoid the day of homework a head of me (that’s the only time I clean). In my desperate attempt to avoid doing any home work I started catching up on my “Trueblood”. A television series where throught the advent of a synthetic blood, vampires can integrate into society without killing people. This transition isn’t easy thus the story is born. So while I am folding and hanging clothes I hear something interesting in the background.

In season 4, episode 3 titled “If You Love Me, Why Am I Dyin’”, there is a scene where anti-vampire radicals entrap a vampire. Said vampire was given permission to feed on a woman, but then her partners jumped out and starting filming, and she started pretending as though she hadn’t given him permission.

Stay with me. I swear it’s relevant.

The part that caught my eye and caused me to think, “Damn! Am I getting sucked into school work?” was when the anti-vampire radicals yelled into the camera

“See America! Share this video on your Facebook page and visit www.vamps-kill.com for more undercover videos and even scarier stuff. Wake up America before we are all dead”. 

All the while the Youtube logo is in the bottom corner of the raw footage within the episode of the HBO series. The scene ends with vampire Bill cutting off Youtube on his television and reprimanding the vampire for getting caught on film (which is against their laws).


Out of curiosity, and intrigued by the relevance this could have to Thursdays (02/07/2013) class discussion. I went the website www.vamps-kill.com. I was surprised to find that it wasn’t a Trueblood television series website, but an actual site about people trying to expose vampires and fangbangers (people who sleep with vampires). Then the comments on them are not from a viewers prospective, but they are posts from people living in a world with vampires. There are even pictures that provide fake proof for fans.



Then the website leaves you to a Vamps Kill Facebook page where you can learn more about the characters, the actors who play the characters, you can voice your opinion and you can get sneak peaks, view exclusive interviews, enter into exclusive sweepstakes and leads to other Facebook Fanpages.

So in total they release videos on Youtube, they run a website, numerous Facebook Pages and they mention it on the show! Now that’s integration!

Thank you for looking at my blog! Have a FANGtastic day! – Meredith Rolen


2 comments:

  1. First I LOVE the title, it made me look at the blog. This site also has a great deal of Integration and I’m glad you found it because it makes me smile. It’s also interesting on how many people have taken up the idea of true blood being real “for fun”. This was also a great and fun idea for advertising and it gets the watches engaged in the TV show. It can also help with getting new viewers to watch and buy their product. It also helps get viewer engaged and have them look up more on the show to tie together the show and the things that they see on the sites that are helping promote the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment on the title. The website made me smile too! How hilarious that people get so into it! I mean, I get pretty glued to the tv but I don't know if I would make visiting that website a regular occurrence! Although, have you seen Eric Northman ( actor name Alexander Skarsgard )! I'd follow that guy up and down the internet!

    ReplyDelete