Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Introductory Post: Meredith Rolen

Hello Everyone! My name is Meredith Rolen.


The purpose of my blog is to be able to discuss the topics covered in class and to better communicate with my fellow peers. Also, it is required.

I am interested in studying and learning about social media because over that past few years it has become more and more prevalent in our daily lives. My work schedules are now posted online, I apply regularly apply for jobs online and I am addicted to Pinterest and Facebook. With it affecting so many areas of my personal life and me studying communications, it made sense to take this course. Plus, I think it will be a fun course.

My career goals change on a daily basis. Last week I was looking at culinary school and the week before I was buying a book on the LSAT's. Basically, I have no idea what my career goals are, with the exception being that I know I would like to have one (a career, that is). In the mean time I am preparing to pursue a graduate degree in business, just in case.

My interests include baking, shopping, crafting and wasting entire weekends catching up on television shows on Netflix. 

As far as my background goes I am 25 years old and a Saint Louisan through and through. I have lived in Texas, Florida and Japan, yet somehow nothing compares to Saint Louis for me. It must be the baseball. I just transferred here from Truman State and I am looking forward to graduating this spring after a seven year pursuit of the "elusive" degree.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Meredith, I'm glad I'm not the only one in class with a facebook addiction haha. I know what you mean about the "elusive degree" I've been hunting it for 4 1/2 years now. Which shows do you watch on Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those darn things are hard to catch aren't they! Hopefully we can back them into a corner here at UMSL. The question is what don't I watch on Netflix! The last thing I watched was Supernatural.....there are 149 1 hour long episodes.....and I watched them all, basically back to back. I know it sounds sick, but have you seen Jensen Ackles or Jared Padelecki? H. O. T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you. It feels good to know that I'm not the only senior that has no clue what I want to do after graduation. It's funny because I was just thinking about taking the LSAT. Just a couple of weeks ago I was looking online for fashion schools. It's really hard to decide. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meredith! My name is Amy. I too have lived in several places (while in school) and yet I couldn't be happier to be back in St. Louis. This is where my family is, and the rich history of the city never stops amazing me.
    I've been a film studies major, a sociology major, and a political science major. Finally I've settled on communications. I think it's a good thing that you continue to search for what you want to do without "settling" for something.
    Have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete